I'm studying A2 biology and have OCR for an exam board. I have a resit in Jan, unit 1 to up my grade so there'll be a bit of that in the upcoming time.
Uses of collagen
- found in the walls of the arteries preventing arteries from bursting as a result of high blood pressure being pumped from the heart.
- form tendons connecting bones to skeletal muscle to allow movement.
- bones are formed from collagen reinfoced by calcium phospate
- cartilage and connective tissue formed from collagen
- collagen is injected into lips to make the fuller.